Table of Contents
Your business website is the center for all things about your business and will help you increase your online presence. The services you provide, the pricing, the contact information, and the way you work with clients will all be showcased on your site for potential and current clients. The site will grow with your business as it expands. Here are some tips on what you should consider when choosing website platform for your business. When you have so many options to choose from, it can be difficult to decide which one is best for you.
In building your website, the first consideration is cost. If you haven’t already done so, purchase your domain. We recommend that you get your domain outright through a service like GoDaddy or Network Solutions if you want to build your own website on a platform like ours. Depending on the name you choose, you will be charged anywhere between 99 cents and hundreds of dollars. For extra security, you should choose a .com domain name with HTTPS.
Ease of Use & Functionality
Depending on your business needs, an easily customised WordPress website could be a fantastic option if you’re tech-savvy. It is possible to create an entire WordPress site without needing to know or write code, but you may eventually require that assistance from wordpress development agency while maintaining your site. Those who use a drag & drop website platform – like WIX, GoDaddy Website Builder, Weebly, or Squarespace – have fewer design options on their website but can build and maintain it themselves more easily. You will have to learn the tools regardless of the platform you choose.
In addition to the cost and functionality of different website platforms, take into account the scalability of your website. As your business grows, you will need it to expand with you. Even though you only need a couple of pages right now explaining your business and providing a contact form, you will need a lot more in the future. It may be necessary for you to add a resources page with downloadable guides and offers. It may be necessary to create more landing pages for your services and products. It may even be necessary to include a gallery/portfolio page of your work as you expand your marketing strategy.
Security & Support
It’s still a good idea to constantly change your password and use a cryptic password when building a website (Wix, Squarespace, GoDaddy). With a WordPress site, you can choose the security option on your own, once you have connected the domain you bought. If you need help with anything, compare the security features of the website platform you’re considering. A lot of these platforms have a community of designers, developers, and users who are able to help you when you are building a website yourself. See if your topic of interest is being talked about in social media or around the web when it comes to using that website builder.
What You Must Know: How to Choose a Website Platform for Your Business
- You will need to make an informed decision based on your business needs on which platform is the best for your website.
- Cost is one of the most important factors, but it shouldn’t be the deciding factor. Cheaper templates can be inefficient and not scalable as your business website needs to grow.
- In order to build your own website, you might find it useful to use a drag and drop editor with pre-built templates. Using a custom template is more time-consuming and should be done by someone who fully understands the platform and can use code to create its design and functionality.
- Compare website platform based on the tools and functions you absolutely need for your site.
- You will be constantly updating, changing, experimenting, and growing your website as your business grows!
We hope this article helps you choose the right website platform for your business.