Glittering lakes, beautiful mountains, gorgeous palaces – Udaipur doesn’t fall short of the most amazing backdrops for a destination wedding designed to take its place in the hearts of couples. The city with its incredible hotels, splendid architecture and sumptuous food, turns events here into the most memorable experiences.
If you are looking to get married in a royal way, there is hardly a place better suited for you. Read on for expert advice from Magic Lights Events, a leading wedding planner from Udaipur. You may also want to read more about Magic Lights Events on their website.
Best Wedding Venues
Almost all major hotel chains have properties in Udaipur, so you can surely find a venue which fits in your budget. Here is a list of top 10 wedding venues in Udaipur:
- Jagmandir – Jagmandir Island Palace is a real palace located on an island in lake Pichola. It is available for organizing wedding ceremonies, accommodation can be arranged at other hotels. This venue has been chosen by celebrities too.
- The Leela – This hotel is situated on the bank of lake Pichola. The Leela, Udaipur is the best choice for a luxurious wedding in Udaipur.
- The Lalit Laxmi Vilas Palace – Laxmi Vilas is situated near Fateh sagar lake. This hotel is known for beautiful views and lush green gardens.
- Shouryagarh Resort & Spa– This resort has marvelous architecture and it is very well suited to host destination weddings.
- Chunda Palace – It is one the the most well known wedding venues in Udaipur. It is built to look like a palace. Click here to find out about the cost of organizing a destination wedding at Chunda Palace.
- Ramee Royal – Ramee royal is suitable for both small and large weddings. It is located on the top of a small hill and it is liked for the awesome views of Aravali mountains.
- Labhgarh – Labhgarh is situated near Udaipur on highway. It also looks like a palace, so it is a preferred venue for destination weddings.
- Bhairavgarh – This resort is situated on the outskirts of Udaipur. The view of Udaipur city from this place makes it a favorite wedding venue of couples.
- Ramya Resort – Ramya resort is also situated on the outskirts of Udaipur, it is ideal for small intimate weddings.
- Radisson Blu – This hotel is situated near Fateh sagar. It is the best venue for weddings with a large number of guests.
Best Time To Wed
November to February is the best time to get married in Udaipur, but it is also the peak season for weddings. So, if you want to save some money you can choose the months of March, April and October. You should avoid the summer and rainy seasons to avoid inconvenience.
Tips for Planning
- You should start looking for a venue around 1 year before the wedding date, otherwise you may not be able to book your favorite wedding venue.
- You must avoid months of July, August and September because rain may become a spoiler during your wedding.
- If you want to find the best vendors, you should consider hiring a wedding planner.
It is a good practice to sign contracts with planners and vendors. You should also ask your planner to give you details of local laws like the time limit for playing loud music.