Having a black screen while streaming Netflix in Discord is an issue that you will also encounter.
If you want to fix this issue, you can turn off hardware acceleration in your web browser, and you will be good to go.
The following steps can be followed to turn off hardware acceleration:
For Google Chrome:
· Open Google Chrome, click on the three-dot icon, and choose settings.
· From the sidebar, select Advanced settings and then System preferences.
· Turn off the option that says Use hardware acceleration when available and click Relaunch.
For Microsoft Edge:
· Click on the three dots in the Edge browser to open the settings.
· Choose System from the sidebar.
· Disable Use hardware acceleration when available and restart the browser.
Following these steps will allow you to stream Netflix to Discord after you’ve enabled hardware acceleration in your browser.
Note: The method does not work in Safari for Mac because starting with macOS Catalina, the hardware acceleration switch is no longer available. In this case, you’ll see a black screen when trying to stream Netflix on Safari.