Search Engine Optimization (or SEO) is a technique which helps your website to rank on selected target keyword and to increase the quality and quantity of traffic on the website. Google Search Engine is adding users in a staggering manner which makes it crucial for you to rank higher on keywords.
Many small businesses fail to find leads online because of a lack of online visibility. SEO exactly aims to solve this problem. Many SEO experts focus on keyword rankings only, but the ultimate aim of any SEO campaign is to promote the services or products sold by the website. For this, not just rankings but user experience and conversion optimization are also crucial.
SEO can be broadly classified into:
1. On-Page SEO: This SEO technique aims to optimize the on-page elements of the website such as HTML tags, images, rich spinets, content, interface, etc. to make it more search engine friendly.
2. Off-Page SEO: This SEO technique aims at building backlinks (a link that is posted on some other website linking out to your website). These links act as a vote by one website for another website which determines the authority of the website being linked to.
3. Technical SEO: Technical SEO deals with the optimization of code to achieve ranking in Google.
Now, which of these factors are the most important for ranking? Solely focussing on any of these is not enough. One needs a balance of all these SEO factors to improve rankings. In this blog, we will focus only on On-Page SEO.
Guide to On-Page SEO
1. Keyword Research: Before starting with On-Page SEO, keyword research must be done. For this, you can sign up for various free keyword research tools such as Google Ads Keyword Planner, Ubersuggest, etc. Also, make sure keywords chosen by you meets the following criteria:
a. High Monthly Search Volume
b. Search Intent behind the Keyword
c. Competition for that Keyword
d. Relevance to your Niche
Also, prepare a list of keywords choosing one as the focus keyword and other keywords as the secondary keywords
2. Content: Make sure you use the focus keyword at least once every 100 words. Apart from that, make use of secondary keywords and semantically linked keywords (for example, if the blog is on “e-commerce” then semantic keywords would be “digital marketing”, “sales”, “business”, “internet”, etc. Also, keep your content valuable and user-friendly. Also, make sure to use bullet points, key data, infographics, proper heading structure, etc. Always keep in mind the content must be compelling enough to generate sales.
3. HTML Tags: Include your focus keyword in heading tags (H1, H2, etc.), Title tag, meta tags, and image alt tags. The presence of keywords in these tags will help Google bot crawl your website easily for a particular keyword.
4. Design: Make sure the design of the website is user-friendly and marketable. For this use structured content with proper grammar and punctuation making it readable.
These are the techniques used by the top SEO Companies in Delhi.