Dubai has fast become one of the world’s busiest regions and it has gained a reputation for extreme sports and activities. The rich and famous flock to this part of the world to escape the cold European winter and if you are looking for adrenalin fixes, you’ve come to the right place, as we present 5 thrilling experiences that are waiting for you in Dubai.
- Tallest building in the world – The Burj Khalifa has the current title of the tallest building on our planet, standing at an incredible 830m. The observation deck is on the 124th floor and we think a visit will definitely get your adrenaline going. If you want to book online, you can combine your ticket with the Dubai Aquarium and the Underwater Zoo, which saves you a bundle on admission charges. This is mild on the thrill meter.
- Scuba diving – Book with Freestyle Divers, a leading Dubai dive school that accepts all levels, including beginners. All you need is a swimsuit and towel; if you can swim and are fit and healthy, you can enroll in a beginner’s class, while experienced divers can join deep dives. Experience a completely different world underwater in the clear blue seas off the coast of Dubai. This experience could be anything from mild to intense on the thrill meter.
- Hot air ballooning – If you have yet to experience the sheer majesty of floating above the ground, Dubai is the perfect place to start. You can book this online and the provider will collect you at your hotel and whisk you out to the desert, where you board the balloon and slowly rise up to a spectacular view of the region. Make sure to take your camera, as there will be some amazing photo opportunities for your Instagram account. Another mild on the thrill meter. Here are a few adventurous things to do in Dubai in the winter.
- Desert safari – There are several levels to this; you could enjoy a comfortable ride in a luxury SUV, or you can opt for a sand dune blast in a faster and less comfortable vehicle. Either way, this experience is a mid-level on the thrill meter. If you fancy driving, a local will give you some tuition, however, we recommend you let the expert drive and then you can really experience the thrill of dune bashing.
- Tandem skydiving – This is the ultimate rush; launch yourself from a plane and experience freefall over the stunning Dubai skyline. You don’t have to worry about pulling the ripcord, as the instructor has everything covered, leaving you free to enjoy the unique experience of skydiving. This is the top notch on the thrill meter and only for the brave people among us.
The United Arab Emirates is the world’s best playground and if you are looking for an adrenalin fix, you have come to the right place. If you are staying for a couple of weeks, you could take on all of the above challenges and wouldn’t that be cool!