Table of Contents
The soft temperament of this breed and its long, straight coat make it very popular. They have affection only for people they are close to.
It is important to know a few things about the Persian cat breed before adopting one.
Learn all about the breed’s characteristics, grooming, temperament, and factors that affect Persian cat price in India in the next section.
How much is a Persian cat price in India?
Persian cats in India cost on average Rs. 18,000. The price can vary from Rs. 8,000 to Rs. 30,000 depending on the purity of the breed, your location, whether you buy from a pet shop or a cat owner, and the season.
Also Read –
Persian cat prices in India is affected by several factors:
- The rarity of a Persian cat’s color plays an important role in determining the price. In the price range of the expensive cats are the cats that come in rare colors such as white.
- The price of the cat is also affected by its coat quality. The coat’s quality of the cat is directly proportionate to its price.
- One other factor that affects a cat’s price is its health. Healthier Persian cats cost more, so it is worth spending a few dollars more on a healthy pet.
- The place from where you buy the Persian cat is also very important. If you want a Persian cat, we strongly recommend buying it from an owner or breeder that takes proper care of it.
- The pet shops have a negative image of them if they keep cats only for their earning. Some pet shops do not even care about cat’s health. As a result of the breeder’s expenses, the place from which you adopt the cat influences the price.
- Persian cats are famous for their flat faces. There are three kinds of faces we will find in these cats are the pet quality, doll face, and show quality.
- The breeding season of these cats is also considered a factor that affects the price of the Persian cat. During their breeding period, during the winter, you can obtain one for about Rs. 12,000. The price may be cheaper if you acquire one during the winter.
- If you are willing to get the cat in the summer, then you probably have to pay approximately around Rs 30,000. If you are paying for a kitten, then make sure that it must be at least 3 months old. A baby needs at least three months with its mother to develop a strong immune system and grow well. Getting a kitten younger than 3 months of age may be difficult due to the cat’s inability to digest dry food.
- When you get a kitten, make sure to consult a veterinary doctor about the deworming timeline.
How much does it cost to maintain Persian cats in India?
In addition to food, litter, vaccinations, and veterinarian visits, a Persian cat needs around Rs. 15,000 to 20,000 a year.
We’ll break down the expenses so that you know which part consumes what percentage.
- Cat food is the most regular expense. You should buy approximately 1.2 kg of dry food for your Persian cat every month, which costs about Rs.300. The yearly expense appears to be Rs. 3,600.
- It costs about Rs. 4000 – Rs. 5000 a year for an 85 gm pouch of wet cat food, which costs around Rs. 40 for the pouch.
- A cat litter bag costs Rs. 300 for 5 kgs, which appears to be Rs. 3000 annually. Vet visits range between Rs. 200 and Rs. 300 depending on the veterinarian and the location.
- A vaccine would cost around Rs. 1000 a year, and tick, flea, deworming, and shampoo medicines around Rs. 1500 a year.
- There is a one-time neutering cost of approximately Rs. 4000.
Hope the above article proves informative for u regarding Persian cat price in India.
You may also like to read –
All You Need to Know About The Doors of Stone
Trends Transforming the Information Technology Industry
What is Sustainable Packaging?
Winds Of Winter Book Release Date
Yellowstone: Who is Melanie Olmstead? Tribute and Cause of Death