Table of Contents
Situated at just 62 kilometers from Pune in the Raigad district of Maharashtra, Madhe Ghat Waterfalls is a beautiful waterfall location surrounded by lush green vegetation, tall hills, and winding rivers. Sometimes, Raigad Fort is visible from here.
Madhe Ghat is located near the Torna & Rajgad forts and is surrounded by dense forests. It has a beautiful waterfall that falls almost 400 feet into the Shivthar River and is very popular among tourists. This beautiful view of Pune from the Madhe Ghat makes it one of the most popular places to visit.
For the more adventurous people, there’s a ravine where you can find yourself at a better vantage point for the views. You can then make your way through it and explore the Konkan valley! If you’re looking to go on an adventure, make sure not to try any stunts and be careful while wading through the water. It is best to go with other people if you want to fully enjoy your experience.
How to Reach Madhe Ghat Waterfall
1. Take NH-4 highway, at the Kapurhul chowk, turn towards a right and drive straight all the way to the Velhe road and then to the Madhe Ghat
2. Take Sinhagad road, drive from Khadakwasla to Donje village, and towards Velhe.
(Note: if you follow the road from the Donje village, you’ll reach directly to Panshet. Keep looking for the left to go towards Velhe).
Tips Before Visiting Madhe Ghat Waterfall
1. Carry-packed lunch. You won’t get anything at Madhe ghat. Also, the hotels at Velhe aren’t good at all.
2. Don’t rely completely on google maps, keep asking locals for the right direction. Google maps take you by the muddy road.
3. Keep the surroundings clean.
Best time to visit madhe ghat waterfall?
Best time to visit madhe ghat waterfall is during monsoon.
How far is madhe ghat waterfall from Pune?
Madhe ghat waterfall is around 80 kms away from from Pune
How far is madhe ghat waterfall from Mumbai?
Madhe ghat waterfall is around 215 kms away from from Mumbai
Madhe ghat waterfall trek difficulty level?
Madhe ghar waterfall trek difficulty level is simple
You may like to read: Zenith Waterfall Khopoli