Building a granny flat can be difficult but more than that finding a suitable builder for the project can be really tedious. You might have waited for a long time to build a granny flat and now that the time has come and you are prepared, you have to start the hunt for a granny flat builder near me. And one can just imagine that it would be easy, but this is the real task. Finding a suitable builder like Granny Flat Solutions who is ready to take up your project and complete it the way you want isn’t easy to find.
The first thing that you have to do is to search for granny flat builders who are near you. There are surely going to be at least 5-6 options, but how do you choose the right one for your project? Now that you have options you have to grade them according to these points and select one out of those.
- The first thing you can do is check their license, either contact them and ask them directly for it or you can also check it online through the website. This will help you know that they have worked before and are recognised legally.
- The next thing you can do is to ask them about the tasks that they have completed already. One can also go to that location to check how that project has turned out to be. You can get an idea of the project and know whether that builder or company can complete the task wisely or not.
- Ask the builders about their experience in this particular job. If they have been in this business for long and have successfully completed many projects like yours then there is no doubt that he can be the one.
- The one thing that can give you the surety that this is the one is through asking them about the details of your property and the cost that it might take to build a granny flat. An experienced Builder would always know about the property and the approximate cost just by looking at it.
- Lastly, talk to the builder about the needs and demands beforehand. See if he is matching your demands and will fulfill all of your needs. This is a one time task and you cannot risk this opportunity. Build trust and be specific about all that you are looking for so that you both have a better understanding of the project that is going to be made.
The Bottom Line
How many years have you waited to build a granny flat? This process takes time and effort but more than that it needs patience. To find the right builder for your flat can be a difficult task but now that you have the pointers I guess it will be easy to sort out that situation. I hope you keep in mind all of the tips while you select a granny flat builder.