Table of Contents
There have been 51 matches played so far this season in the Indian Premier League 2021. At the moment, Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals, and Royal Challengers Bangalore are the top three teams in the playoffs. We don’t know yet who the fourth team will be. DC and CSK are pacing the list with 9 & 10 wins, respectively, this season.
It took a long time for the tournament to take place this year as, after 31 matches, the tournament was postponed due to an increase in infections caused by Covid-19 in the country. Nevertheless, the matches were continued after two months as conditions improved.
So, now the question arises that “which team has won most matches in IPL”. According to previous seasons of the IPL, Mumbai Indians is the team with the most wins with 122 victories. This team played 210 matches in the last 12 seasons beginning in 2008. It is not just the fact that they have played the most matches, but they also hold the record for most wins in IPL history.
The Mumbai Indians have won the IPL title five times more than any other team. Mumbai is undoubtedly the best team in the league. As the team with the most victories in the history of the IPL, Chennai Super Kings is the second team after Mumbai. Chennai Super Kings has won 111 matches out of 186 played. In terms of titles, CSK has won three.
Most Successful Team In IPL
- Mumbai Indians – Mumbai Indians have five IPL titles, making them the most successful team in the Indian Premier League. Mumbai Indians have won championships in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2015, and 2020. They are owned by the Reliance Group. Their five titles make them the most successful team in IPL history. During the season in which they didn’t win, they performed very well nonetheless and advanced to the playoffs. MI has the highest win percentage in the IPL, at 61.2%.
- Chennai Super Kings – After Mumbai, Chennai Super Kings is the second most successful team in the Indian Premier League. Three times in history, CSK has won the title, and they are a successful team without a doubt. This team is led by MS Dhoni, one of the coolest captains to ever play. His team has shown big performances in the past under Dhoni’s leadership, who is himself a successful player. CSK is the only team to qualify for the playoffs every season. CSK is the first team to qualify for the playoffs again this season. Considering the qualifying numbers for the IPL, we can say that CSK has been the most consistent team.
How Many Times Has KKR Won IPL?
Kolkata Knight Riders – After Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings, KKR can be regarded as the most successful team in the IPL so far. The owners of the team are Shah Rukh Khan and Juhi Chawla. The Kolkata Knight Riders have won the IPL twice and have qualified for the playoffs four times. The KKR have won 92 of the 182 matches they have played in their history, representing a 51.6%-win percentage.
How Many Matches Did RCB Win In IPL?
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – RCB has won 97 matches in the history of the IPL. Virat Kohli is the captain of RCB, one of the most powerful teams in the IPL. RCB never won the IPL title despite having one of the best players on their team. In addition to Kohli, the RCB has South African champ Ab De Villiers. RCC’s winning percentage stands at 46.41%.
- Delhi Capitals – On the fifth position, we have Delhi Capitals. Their total winnings were 92 from 207 games played. Delhi Capitals have a winning percentage of 44.45%. Rishabh Pant leads Delhi Capitals. With Pant as captain, the team reached the IPL 2020 finals. However, the team has yet to win the IPL title.
- Punjab Kings – With a tally of 90 wins, Punjab Kings takes the sixth spot. The team has played 203 matches and won 90 of them. They have won 44.33% of all their matches. It is owned by actress Preity Zinta and Mumbai businessman Karan Paul. KL Rahul currently leads the team. Despite finishing runners-up in 2014, they were never able to win the IPL title.
- The first champion of the IPL, Rajasthan Royals has won 84 matches out of 175 played so far. The Royals have won 48% of their games so far. In 2008, the Royals won the IPL title. Currently, the team is led by Sanju Samson. Having played with the team since 2013, Samson has helped them qualify three times for playoffs.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – The Hyderabad team won the 2016 IPL title by defeating RCB by 8 runs. Since 2008, Sunrisers Hyderabad has won 67 matches out of 136 with a winning percentage of 49.26%. Kane Williamson leads the team and it is currently ranked eighth on the points table.
So, now you know which team has won most matches in IPL.
By the way, which team do you think will claim the IPL title this year?